The brand new HomePod Tool 16 is to be had in Apple’s public beta tool program for the primary time, and you’ll obtain it lately. On the other hand, at its June WWDC match, Apple didn’t disclose any new options coming to the HomePods with the tool replace, so it’s more than likely all about under-the-hood stuff.
In reality, it’s most probably that any updates are enthusiastic about arrangements for the approaching of the Topic sensible house same old — because of arrive this autumn — and improve for Apple’s all-new House app coming in iOS 16. Along side the Apple TV, the HomePod mini is a hub for Apple’s HomeKit sensible house ecosystem, and a hub can be required for the usage of Topic sensible house equipment in HomeKit. So you almost certainly simplest need to give this a whirl in case you are checking out the general public beta tool of the House app in iOS 16.
Recently, the general public beta is simplest to be had on HomePod mini audio system. We don’t know but if Apple’s discontinued full-sized HomePod can be up to date to 16. To get the tool replace to your mini, practice those steps:
- Join Apple’s beta program, or check in if you happen to’re an present member.
- While you’re signed in, click on at the Sign up Your Units tab within the menu bar.
- Click on HomePod Tool within the checklist of tool betas.
- If you happen to haven’t participated within the beta but, it is important to join your iPad or iPhone and be operating the iOS 16 Public Beta on any such units. (You can’t obtain the HomePod Tool 16 with out an iOS instrument operating iOS 16.)
- After getting the general public beta to your iOS instrument, cross to the House app, faucet the House icon within the most sensible left nook, cross to House Settings, scroll down, and faucet Tool Replace.
- Sign up the HomePod mini you need at the beta program (you’ll select a number of you probably have multiple).
- The HomePod mini will replace to the newest beta.
- Toggle on Computerized Updates (discovered at the earlier display) to get the newest beta tool put in because it rolls out.
This can be a beta tool program, and as such, you could run into insects or problems. You’ll obtain the Apple Comments Assistant app to put up any issues you come across. You’ll additionally repair your HomePod mini to manufacturing facility settings the usage of a USB-C cable and a Mac or PC if you happen to now not need to take part.